Shining Star CLE
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
April 1 – July 1, 2017
Upload your video audition, singing or rapping a song of your choice.
Three minutes max. Piano accompaniment, personal instrument usage or acapella are welcome.
A group of recognized music professionals will judge the online submissions and select the top 300 students to advance to the next round.
Tips to Having a Great Audition Video:
- Pick a song you love; a song you know well will guarantee a better audition.
- Find a well-lit area – we want to see you!
- Film your audition video in a place you feel comfortable like your living room, a park or a classroom. The more comfortable you feel, the better you will perform.
- Minimize any background noise. We want to hear you, nothing else.
- Keep yourself in frame! Take a few steps back from the camera, so we don't miss anything!
- Don't be afraid to be yourself! Tell us who you are, why you chose your song and be sure to give it your best shot!
- If at first you don’t succeed… Don't worry about making a mistake in your first take. Just keep trying. We want to see the BEST version of your song, and sometimes that happens after several tries.
- Relax! Take a deep breath and have fun.
- REMEMBER: We
are excited to hear your song! We are not looking to criticize, shame, degrade
or belittle your creativity!
- GOOD LUCK!