Shining Star CLE
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Shining Star CLE 2020!
April 1 – July 1, 2020
When the open enrollment begins, upload your video audition!
Please, limit your video to three minutes maximum. This is just for ease of viewing. Get to the part of the song that really shows off your ability! As you advance through the competition, you will have the opportunity to sing your complete song!
Piano accompaniment, personal instrument usage or acapella are preferred but recorded accompaniment is allowed.
A group of recognized music professionals will judge the online submissions and select up to 300 students to advance to the next round.
Tips to Having a Great Audition Video:
- Pick a song you love; a song you know well will guarantee a better audition. Plus, this song will likely remain with you throughout the length of your Shining Star CLE 2020 journey (subject to the sole discretion of the artistic director). Don’t just sing a song “because you sound good.” Put thought into why you are singing this song and how it represents your personal artistry!
- Find a well-lit area – we want to see you!
- Film your audition video in a place you feel comfortable like your living room, a park or a classroom. The more comfortable you feel, the better you will perform.
- Minimize any background noise. We want to hear you, nothing else.
- Keep yourself in frame! Take a few steps back from the camera, so we don't miss anything!
- Don't be afraid to be yourself! Tell us who you are, why you chose your song and be sure to give it your best shot!
- If at first you don’t succeed… Don't worry about making a mistake in your first take. Just keep trying. We want to see the BEST version of your song, and sometimes that happens after several tries.
- Relax! Take a deep breath and have fun.
- REMEMBER: We are excited to hear your song! We are not looking to criticize, shame, degrade or belittle your creativity!
- GOOD LUCK!